Friday, August 10, 2007

Family Boogie Time!


Being a Single Mom who works out of the house my children and I have a tight schedule. During the week after work we only have a few hours to get together before bedtime.

On our way to school, daycare and work we ALL sing along to one of our favorite CDs or a song that comes up on the radio. Little known fact...I dance in the car while playing my favorite CDs. I try to remember NOT to do this infront of my children's friends. This perks us up for our day. The drive home is always full of chatter about our day and that continues in the kitchen while dinner is made. I have an 8 year old daughter so that means the chattering doesn't stop until bed time.

Music has always been the best motivational tool to get my children moving on their weekend chores. Since my older two were 3 and 5 we have pumped up the music so everyone in the house can hear it while cleaning. We have continued this tradition. It makes cleaning fun and we end up in the family room with made up instruments (tennis racket guitar, empty ceramic pot drum, etc.). We usually end up falling down on the coach in histerical laughter.

Oh my goodness, something for the whole family? An activity that includes fun music? This is something that my whole family would enjoy. When it is raining we could still wiggle in exercise...for ALL of us! Given our limited time in the evenings together a Wii would be a great family activity! Check out the Bloggers Network! I just found out they are having a contest for a Wii Boogie

This post is brought to you in conjunction with the Parent Bloggers Network a family gaming experience. Shake it. Sing it. Create it.

Parent Bloggers Network ( http://blog.parentbloggers.com )

Wii-Boogie ( http://www.wii-boogie.com )

No comments: