Thursday, February 15, 2007

Snow Bound Snow White

Woodsman

What is that noise outside? [distant banging noise] Who is banging around out there? Snow White says "It's probably a woodsman." I laughingly say "A woodsman? Really?" She says "Of course, who else would be out there making all that banging noise? Woodsmen are likely out there chopping down trees for fire wood. That's what woodsmen do ya know." Who knew there were woodsmen in the city?


Customer Service Gone Down Hill

It's lunch time and I am thinking about going outside to shovel snow and ice off the driveway. Snow White "I need meat. Must have meat." Ok, I understand it is lunch time and I have no sense of hunger. She wants a hamburger but unfortunately I did not make it to the grocery store yesterday before the storm. I was lucky to make it home from work. There was no way I was going back out there. I tried a taxi service but they did not want to brave the storm to our house.

Anyway, we have no hamburger.

Snow White: "Well make me a hamburger anyway."
Mom: "You produce a cow and I will see what I can do."

Long pause of silence but I could see the gears in her head turning...

Snow White: "I need meat. Must have meat."
I look through the freezer and find Salisbury stakes.

Snow White: "That will work. Hurry, hurry meat."

Did I mention I found them in the freezer? Twenty minutes later the stakes are ready.

Mom: "You're a conniver dinosaur."
Snow White: "I'm not a dinosaur. Oh, you mean a meat eater. If I were a dinosaur I would be T-Rex."

Snow White: "Can I have a drink with this...please?"
Mom: [jokingly] "No stinkin' way."
Snow White: "Boy the customer service in this place has really gone way down hill."
I laugh as I place a glass of milk on the table for her.

No comments: