Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Meme





1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Nog (chocolate puts me in a coma)


2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps with special Santa Paper


3. Colored lights or white lights on tree/house? Colored Lights


4. Do you hang mistletoe? Wow, I have forgotten all about mistletoe for a few years.


5. When do you put up your decorations? When the kids start to whine “So and so has their tree up” or when I start my Christmas shopping.


6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Irish Potatoes. Love seeing who will find the six pence.


7. Favorite childhood holiday memory: While driving across country we staid in a hotel over night. Each of us children took turns during the night to keep a watchful eye out the window and on our VW Bus. It was loaded with presents! Our Mother kept saying “Go to bed!”
.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I was 8 yrs old and found Mom wrapping presents in the middle of the night.


9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YEAH!


10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Kids first and then Mommy evens it out.


11. Snow: love it or dread it? Love to play in it hate when I have to drive to work in it.


12. Can you ice skate? I haven’t tired in a while so I hope it is like riding a bike. Oh wait, I haven’t ridden a bike in a very long time either.


13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I big stuffed Little Foot, from The Land Before Time. He had a box of jewelry tied to each of his feet. I sill have him! Well, Snow White has him in her room. Also on the top of my favorite gift list is a gorgeous hand made jewelry box.


14. What's the most important thing to you about the holidays? Family spending lots of time hugging, laughing, talking and just enjoying themselves.


15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I never have room for dessert but there is always pumpkin pie on our holiday dinner table.


16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Letting my children each pick out a new ornament to purchase every year. When they are old enough to be out on their own they will have a full set of ornaments.


17. What tops your tree?. Angie, the Christmas Tree Angel


18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving gifts? Giving! I love to see the expression on the recipient’s face when they open their gifts.


19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Jingle Bells, Silver Bells, and Away in a Manger.

No comments: