Monday, November 19, 2007

Child Excited... Hannah Montana or Vegtables

A few days ago Snow White siad she might like to try Califlower. This is not a normal request parents often hear from their 8 year olds. While browsing the produce section last night I recalled her request. Why not let her try it. Unfortunately, there were no small portions available. I had to purchase a "bunch" which resembled a human brain but twice the size.

Tonight while feeding our loaner rabbit, I suggested we see if he likes califlower. Snow White also insisted that she try it. I poured out a large dolup of ranch dressing on a small plate with a few pieces of califlower. "No! No dressing yet! I want to try it plain first so I can really taste it."

Nibble

Bite

Bite

Then she was pushing whole pieces in her mouth.

"MOM!! THIS STUFF IS WONDERFUL!!"

Next she looks at the dolup of ranch dressing and gingerly dips one piece and..."Oh. This is dreamy."

"I HAVE TO CALL GRANDMA RIGHT NOW! RIGHT NOW! I NEED TO TELL HER HOW GREAT THIS STUFF REALLY IS!!"

She is so excited about this new found veggie deliciousness she immediatly exclaims "GRANDMA! GRANDMA! THIS CALIFLOWER IS SO DELICIOUS! IT REALLY IS!" Moments later she finds out it was Auntie D who answered the phone (she is visiting during Thanksgiving vacation). Then Grandma gets on the phone and she thinks she is talking to Auntie D. When she realizes Grandma is on the phone her enthusiasum is the same as when she first placed the call. "GRANDMA! GRANDMA! I JUST HAD TO CALL YOU AND TELL YOU ABOUT THIS CALIFLOWER!! IT IS DELICIOUS! IT IS JUST LIKE BROCOLI !!"

You would have thought this kind of excitement would come from a visit from Hannah Montana or a visit to Santa's Magical Workshop but from a veggitable? I would have never guessed it myself.

6 comments:

Butrfly Garden said...

Too cute!!

I have one veggie hater and one veggie lover. Sunshine even loves spinach! COOKED! My little healthy freak of nature! hahahahahah!

Canadian flake said...

omg this is wayyyyy too cute...wtg little one...we are proud of you!!

Pageant Mom said...

too funny! I personally hate califlower LOL but Gizmo will eat it at Grandmas but not our house because she knows I don't like it LOL

Good for her!!!

Lahdeedah said...

Coming up...

BRUSSEL SPROUTS

Elizabeth said...

Did you slip Snow White to make her eager to try veggies? If so, can you send me some? I'm so tired of trying to cajole my daughters into trying new things!

MommasWorld said...

Lahdeedah - Snow White does like brussel sprouts. Me I need them dripping with butter. She prefers them without butter or anything..ewww.

elizabeth - my children started out eatting raw veggies with ranch dressing as a dip. Now they will eat just about any veggie as long as it is not lettuce. The only cooked veggie they like is corn. Weird huh?