Sunday, April 08, 2007

For Stage Mom

Confessions of a stage Mom needs a really good Disco Song. She requested that we leave her a song on her blog but I couldn't think of one song that really says "Disco" because, like her, I was just a little girl when the Disco thing was going on.

Here are some songs we came up with. Mind you most of them I do not know myself but there are a few I remember hearing from time to time on the car radio or when the baby sitter came over. Feel free to correct any names on the list that are not from the 70s. If you have a favorite please let me or Stage Mom know. I think this will be fun!

1. Disco Duck - Rick Dees
(I remember hearing this played in the car, stores, elevators, everywhere)

2. Dancing Queen - ABBA
3. Cher Chez La Femme - Dr. Buzzard's Original
5. Le Freak - Chic
6. Ain't No Stoppin' Us Now - McFadden & Whitehead
7. Dance, Dance, Dance - Chic
8. You Should Be Dancing - Bee Gees
9. Car Wash - Rose Royce
(We had to do arobics to this in our middle school gym class. My guess is it was one of the gym teacher's favorite songs in her hay day.)

10. Saturday Night (S.A.T.U.R.- D.A.Y Night)
Not sure who sang this but our babysitter really liked playing it

11. Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel - Tavares
12. That's Where the Happy People Go - The Trammps
13. I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor
14. Jungle DJ - Kikrokos
15. Boogie Oogie Oogie - Taste of Honey
16. We Are Family - Sister Sledge
17. Turn the Beat Around 0- Vicki Sue Robinson
18. Everybody (Get Dancin') - The Bombers
19. Dance, Disco Heat - Sylvester
20. Turn The Music Up - Players Association
21. Dancin' And Prancin - Candido (sounds like a good title)
22. Baby Baba Boogie - GAP Band
23. The Hustle - Van McCoy
(I think this would be really good if you could get a techno remix of it!)

24. We Got The Funk - Positive Force
25. Chick Cheer - Chic
26. Boogie Wonderland - Earth, Wind and Fire with the Emotions
27. Inside Out - Odyssey
28. Angel Eyes (Disco Version) - Roxy Music
29. Night Fever - Bee Gees
30. Dance The Night Away - Carol Williams
31. Disco Inferno - Players Association
32. Dance Fever - Triple S Connection
33. Space Warrior - Munich Machine
34. Fernando - ABBA
35. Take A Chance On Me - ABBA


34. Shake Your Booty - KC & The Sunshine Band. Me being such a little girl at the time I thought they were saying shake your Koolaid!! I was only 6 years old. I didn't know there was such a word as booty he he he. To this day that still cracks up my Sister-in-law!

35. Rappers Delight - Sugarhill Gang. This was HILLARIOUS! I use to watch my two brothers stand in front of the stereo console mouthing the words to this!! I wouldn't recommend it for your daughter but oh my goodness did that song bring back funny memories!

I remember watching a movie recently called Muriel's Wedding and her favorite group was ABBA. She even walked down the isle at her "Green Card" wedding to an ABBA song. I thought the part where she and her friend entered a contest and performed an ABBA song was really funny. Muriel's Wedding sound track CD Click here to listen.



">UTube Dancing Queen

4 comments:

Butrfly Garden said...

10. Saturday Night (S.A.T.U.R.- D.A.Y Night)

I think that's Bay City Rollers.

My contributions:
Last Dance - Donna Summer
Ring my Bell - Don't Remember
Shake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb
Is Early Michael Jackson considered disco? LOVE "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough"

Also, there is "new" disco...new alt. music is taking on the old disco sound (and 80's too!)
One that I can think of is "Hard to Beat" from Hard-FI.

Pageant Mom said...

Oh WOW!!!

You did this for me?? Thank you!!!
I hope I'll be able to return the favor :o)

What a list! There are a bunch I didn't even think of that we are going to have to put before princess to get her inspired LOL

I'll keep you posted on how this goes - the routine is really cute, now we just have to finalize the song!!! (with a little help from our friends, of course!)

Lahdeedah said...

wait was '

I will survive

disco?

I mean, I was a kid and I think we were fading out of disco into that warped 70s rock of blue oyster cult, black sabbath and and, yes I had an older brother who deeply appreciated KISS and AC/DC.

But I loved Olivia Newton John.

raqgold said...

oh, i love this list! here's more: born to be alive, my sharona, and those from the beach boys!!!

am printing this list as a 'guide' as my kids love disco music, too; just like their mom :D