Friday, September 29, 2006

Snow White


And she wonders why people call her Snow White. "Once upon a time, a queen was doing needle work while staring outside her window at the beautiful snow. It was because of her distracted state that she pricked her finger on her needle and a drop of blood fell on some snow that had fallen on her windowsill. As she looked at the blood on the snow she said to herself, Oh how I wish that I had a daughter that had skin white as snow, lips red as blood, and hair black as ebony". Upon receiving her first Snow White doll she was disaponted to see the Disney version has brown eyes. I love that she has blue eyes. Unfortunetly that is not unanimous in our family. A few years ago her brother called me at work to inform me that her eyes had finally changed to the proper color of brown. I explained that was impossible. New borns may seem to have blue eyes when they are born and after a few weeks or so they a fix to their proper color. Given that Snow White was 4 yrs old it was highly unlikely her eyes changed from blue to brown. I giggled to myself about this the rest of the day. The first day he saw her in the hospital after delivery, he hoped she would have brown eyes. After all this time he was still hoping his baby sister would have brown eyes, just like her big brother.

No comments: