Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Don't Curse Like a Sailor In Me Boat


Do you know that old saying…goes something like this…An Englishman and an American row a boat across the river. By the time they reach the opposite shore they both have an English accent. Accents can have a temporary “rub off” affect. Have I ever mentioned how much the people in the UK curse? I mean it is like the F bomb going off every one - two seconds. Imagine if you will, sweet little me on the phone (rowing my preverbal boat) with my cousin for an hour.

And then…

“Snow White what the Bloody H are you doing? Wipe up that F’en paint up off the F’en floor and get cleaned up.”

No, I didn’t really say that but I could almost feel the words coming out. Love my rels but thank goodness we didn’t talk for more than an hour.

1 comment:

Butrfly Garden said...

After being on the phone with ANY of her family (Most are in the TN/AL area, but her bros live in Michigan and Wash.) - even if it's a short call - my mom picks up some strange southern accent.

I am the same way with swearing - I have a bad potty mouth anyway, but I can usually control it unless I'm around someone else who swears a lot.